Bharat Babies is an award-winning independent publishing house that shares the stories of the South Asian experience through children's literature.
To submit a manuscript (electronic submissions are preferred), please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- All manuscripts must be typed on 8½ ” x 11” white paper in black ink.
- Use 12-point Arial or Times New Roman.
- Double-space all manuscripts.
- Pages should be numbered consecutively.
- The default margin settings that appear in a new Microsoft Word document are acceptable. If you are setting margins manually, use a 1-inch or 1.25-inch margin on each side of the page.
- Manuscripts that are mailed directly to our offices will not be read or returned. Incomplete manuscripts for board books, illustrated books, or art series text will not be read. These manuscripts should be sent in their entirety.
- In addition to your manuscript, you should also send a query letter. This letter should include the following types of information:
- Hook, what makes this book interesting?
- Summary, what is the overall topic/storyline of this book? In this section, make sure you include the type of book you're creating, what level you imagine it to be, etc.
- Biographical information
- A clear sense of the market fit and comps
Before you submit/start a manuscript, I highly recommend joining organizations such as SCWBI. They have local chapters that include writing groups that can help new authors move their manuscripts forward.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your submission.