Who is Mango & Marigold Press?
Mango & Marigold Press is a publishing house bridging the diversity gap in children’s literature one story at a time. Founded in 2014, the company has produced 14 books across 4 product categories all of which feature the everyday to extraordinary stories of the South Asian Diaspora.
What kinds of submissions does Mango & Marigold Press accept?
We produce board books, illustrated books, early readers, and art series texts with protagonists of South Asian origin. We love stories that help to tell the stories of the South Asian experience, whether it be from the perspective of the diaspora, religion, or home country. We look for stories that are own voices and encourage both authors and illustrators to submit their work. Please note we do not accept submissions from authors that included illustrations that have been pre-commissioned. For illustrators, we accept submissions that are original stories with art, as well as portfolio submissions.
When can I make a submission?
Mango & Marigold Press accepts submissions on an ongoing basis throughout the calendar year. Queries can be sent to email@example.com
- Submissions should be addressed to Sailaja Joshi, CEO.
- All manuscripts must be typed on 8½ ” x 11” white paper in black ink.
- Use 12-point Arial or Times New Roman.
- Double space all manuscripts.
- Pages should be numbered consecutively.
- The default margin settings that appear in a new Microsoft Word document are acceptable. If you are setting margins manually, use a 1-inch or 1.25-inch margin on each side of the page.
What should my query letter include?
- Hook, what makes this book interesting?
- Summary, what is the overall topic/story line of this book? In this section, make sure you include the type of book you're creating, what level you imagine it to be etc.
- Social Media Stats and Marketing Information (include your social media following, ability to leverage your media to help promote book) Why do we want this? Because it helps us to understand how we can work together as a team and where a book might fit in to our overall line;
- Biographical information.